My pal Sarah aka The Walrus Room, tagged me ages ago to do this goth blogger tag. Now I wouldn’t call myself a goth but we can take this as an opportunity to get to know each other better.
Confessional (aka True or False):
- I love watching cheesy romance films. TRUE if they’re good.
- I ALWAYS remember to wash off my makeup at night. TRUEish I use make up wipes at the end of the day and then wash my face properly in the shower the next morning.
- I sleep with plushies. TRUE had my teddy bear Sandy since I was three.
- I wear non-black pajamas most nights. TRUE
- I don’t like vampires. FALSE
- I don’t like clubs. TRUE
- I’m dating a goth/darkly-inclined person. (not dating anyone hah)
- I don’t enjoy graveyards. FALSE I think they’re calm, interesting places.
- Blood makes me queasy. FALSE
- I’d sooner faint than pet a spider. FALSE but I’d not like volunteer in a group spider patting situation.
- I’ve never read Dracula. TRUE it just seems so…tedious…
- What horror monster-based super power would you have? I normally say teleportation for this sort of question.
- Do you feel confident or comfortable interacting with other Goths or gothy people (online or irl)? Why or why not? Sure I’m comfortable speaking to goths.
- Which is more important for a look: Great hair or great makeup? How my hair looks is more important to me than makeup mostly because I don’t wear makeup all that often.
- Is there something you wish there was more of in your subculture? Just being nice to each other.
- How are you at DIY? Pretty good, I like making stuff
- Quickly describe your ideal wedding. Not getting married.
- What is your favorite candle scent? I like French pear and vanilla. A classic candle scent. Typically I go for sweet ones.
- Do you have a favorite book? Not at the moment.
- Are you a tea or coffee person? Both.
- What is your favorite brand and color of lipstick? I like a good nude and a good deep red/vampy lip.
- What is your favorite perfume/cologne? It gives me headaches so I don’t wear it.
- If you had to give up the color black, what color would you choose instead? I’d probably sub in navy blues and more deep forest greens – which I already wear.
- If you could change your name to a stereotypical 90s/2000s gothy name, what would it be? Maybe like Raven or Some ancient Greek/Roman goddess name idk.
- What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad? Stay indoors. Sunblock always, stay hydrated.
- What song will always make you happy (doesn’t have to be a goth band)? 19-20-20 by The Grates
- Are you active in the arts (ex. Play an instrument, paint, write, etc)? Yes I write and draw and do lots of things.
- If you had a teacup or mug made inscribed just for you, what would you have it say? I’m a fan of ‘You Can Try Your Best and Still Lose’ at the moment. Which might seem like a weird thing to like but I see it more as meaning that just because you aren’t the most popular or famous person in the world that doesn’t mean that what you’re doing is bad or low quality.
- What is your number one non-gothy hobby? I knit and do embroidery, also gardening.
I don’t have anyone specific to tag so if you want to A these Q’s go ahead! I have missed a couple out here so if you want the whole list check out Sarah’s post 🙂